½ Day Courses or 1-1 Coaching to Improve the Quality of your Life or Career
Personal Development - ½ day Saturday Workshop
PART 1. HOW TO ACHIEVE GOALS AND OVERCOME OBSTACLES
“The only thing that stands between a person and what they want in life are the will to try it and the faith to believe it is possible” – Rich Davos
ARE YOU LIVING THE LIFE YOU WANT TO LIVE? IS YOUR LIFE SATISFYING? … FULFILLING? WHAT STOPS YOU FROM ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS? WHAT STOPS YOU FROM LIVING THE LIFE YOU WANT TO LIVE?
During this course we will look at and discuss the following topics:
- What is a goal and why bother setting them? i.e. What can happen if we don’t!
- The benefits of setting and achieving goals
- Identifying a sense of Purpose in our life i.e. What is really important to us?
- Identifying our Values
- The 3 steps to a well-formed Goal
- A Goal-setting Exercise
- Looking at a Powerful Effective Plan/Strategy that will empower us to Achieve our Goals
HOWEVER SOMETIMES WE BECOME STUCK AND UNABLE TO ACHIEVE OUR GOALS SO WE WILL EXPLORE:
- What gets in the way of achieving our Goals?
- How our beliefs and thinking can affect our performance and achievements
- Where do our beliefs come from?
- Limiting negative beliefs versus positive empowering beliefs – which do you, choose?
- Our comfort zone
- Fears – do we control them or do they control us?
- The importance of a positive optimistic attitude
- The inter-relationship between our thinking, our emotions and our behaviour
- Self-esteem – what is it?
- Does high self-esteem help us to achieve our goals?
REMEMBER GOALS GIVE US THE ABILITY TO SUCCEED AND TO ACHIEVE, THEY HELP US TO EXPAND OUR HORIZON, SHAPE OUR FUTURE AND FULFIL OUR POTENTIAL
PART 2. HOW TO BE MORE ASSERTIVE AND IMPROVE YOUR SELF-ESTEEM AND CONFIDENCE
We believe that the key principles in unlocking potential are self-awareness and the recognition of one’s worth and belief in self, which serve to build self-esteem and confidence, promote assertive communication, improve performance, facilitate the achievement of goals and be instrumental to living an enriched and fulfilled life.
“Confidence is that feeling by which the mind embarks in great and honorable courses with a sure hope and trust in itself”
– Marcus Tullius Cicero
During this course we will look at and explore the following topics:
- How do we communicate?
- What is Assertive behaviour?
- How does Assertive behaviour differ from Aggressive or Passive behaviour?
- What is Passive-Aggressive Behaviour?
- What makes us behave in a particular way?
- Our Rights as human beings
- Identifying our principal way of behaving
- If we want to behave more assertively what do we need to do?
- Assertive Techniques and Skills – what skills do we need to improve upon?
- Guidelines to Confrontational Skills
- Applying what we have learned to real-life situations
- Saying “NO” and not feeling guilty
- How to deal with Criticism
- Why do we find it hard to say good things about ourselves?
- Our Inner Critic – learning how to combat it
- Self-Worth – identifying our Positive Qualities and our Achievements
- Self-Acceptance and Trust in Self
- The importance of adopting a Positive Attitude and focusing on the Positive
- Looking at potential stumbling blocks that get in the way of a Positive Attitude
- Creative Visualizations and how they can help us to achieve our goals and aspirations
- Using Affirmations to challenge our inner critics, change negative thinking and to encourage and motivate us towards our goals and aspirations
- Exploring our uniqueness and celebrating it
- Happiness – what is it?
- How to nurture, retain and look after our Self-Esteem and Confidence